MS ERICAH SHAFUDA, EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, MINISTRY OF FINANCE
MS ANNASCY MWANYANGAPO, EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, MINISTRY OF PUBLIC ENTERPRISES
MR ALI IPINGE, CEO, ROAD FUND ADMINISTRATION (RFA)
MR CONRAD LUTOMBI, CEO, ROADS AUTHORITY (RA)
MS ROSALIA MARTINS-HAUSIKU, CEO, MVA FUND
MEMBERS OF THE MEDIA
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN
- It gives me great pleasure to deliver the keynote address at this special occasion ushering a new page in the history of the RFA, as we mark the official launch of the new RFA Brand.
- Like any organisation, a brand is an intrinsic icon that clients identify with in recognising the value, services and or products that a company offers. The current RFA brand has been in use since the commencement of business in 2000. The new RFA brand will stand on the foundation of achievements that includes investment of more than N$ 18 billion into the national road network funding since RFA inception, and has witnessed the expansion of the road network to more than 47,000 km, with a road network net worth of N$ 101 billion.
- Very often the public confuses the RFA with our sister stakeholder entities, and we have thus taken a strategic approach of rebranding, to align, position and differentiate our brand in order to make us unique and identifiable.
- The new brand is intended to reinvigorate the RFA image, and be the symbol of innovation, growth, agility and sustainability as the organisation define itself in the volatile economic setting. The business model of the RFA is to ensure sustainable road infrastructure funding. The design of the new brand combined the elements of financial resources with that of road connectivity.
- Roads carry an emotional resonance. They stir up feelings of freedom, adventure and excitement. They represent progress, carrying us forward into the future. Our logo was inspired by a bird’s eye view of roads, highways and intersections – creating an abstract shape that symbolises movement, progress and connection. Hence, our new slogan; Funding Roads Steering Growth, reminds our customers what it is we do and what value we offer as an organisation.
- In the colour themes of the new brand; green represents revenue growth, progress, safety, optimism and sustainability, while blue represents professionalism, strength and authority.
- We have also changed our values to:
– Service Excellence
presenting our mantra which is to accelerate progress at all times and SHINE in all we do (#SHINE).
- The new RFA brand will continue encompassing the promotional enhancement of the services rendered by the RFA and its value proposition to the national goals. The function of the RFA is to ensure sustainable road maintenance funding through the Road User Charging System (RUCS), manage the Road Fund and ensure a coordinated systematic manner of funding allocation to the Approved Authorities (AA). We will seek to optimise revenue and render effective service, and accelerate national progress, by focusing on people, commitment and progress.
- The new brand is in the capable hands of Executive Management and a motivated workforce, that will ensure that the RFA continues cementing its values of good corporate governance, through the implementation of the NamCode and compliance to related legal and statutory legislatives. The RFA has consistently, since 2015, obtained unqualified audits, and has twice scooped Deloitte ’s Best Company to Work for Survey Award.
- The RFA has successfully concluded the 2014-2019 Strategic Plan, and subsequently developed the new ISBP in line with the new Public Enterprises Governance Act provisions.
- Our new brand will be supporting the realisation of the Integrated Strategic Business Plan (ISBP) 2019-2024, with the three prioritised strategic themes; Organisational Sustainability, Stakeholder Synergy and Innovation which we will also launch today. As part of the ISBP 2019 -2024, the RFA will set up a research unit, that will look into amongst other assessing road materials, and road technologies, as well technologies that will optimise revenue maximisation.
- Way we also launch the RFA Customer Service Charter, and we can therefore only implement our brand better, and commit to meet the needs of our road users better, as it is them who pays for the road used, and the revenue collected is reinvested back into road infrastructure. Our Charter seeks to promote two-way communication and ensures that our clientele’s needs are attended to consistently and promptly. In that respect a call centre will be set up during the strategic period.
- A brand is the identity that gives a symbolic face to an organisation, and today signifies a journey we are chartering with the adoption of the new brand. We anticipate it to lead the RFA into the future that is increasingly associated with technological innovation marvels. One of Africa’s great leaders, Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, once said that “If your dreams do not scare you, then they are not big enough.” Therefore, the RFA adopts a dream that is intended to position the organisation better to cope with modern trends.
- Ladies and Gentlemen, with these few words please join me as I officially launch the new RFA Brand, ISBP 2019-2024 and Customer Service Charter.
I THANK YOU